Skip to Content
Apple and Carrot Latkes with Nutella®
- Place grated apple and carrot in a medium mixing bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, sugar, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon and baking powder.
- In the medium bowl, toss the dry mixture with the apples and carrots, coating them evenly.
- Whisk the egg in a small bowl and then stir into apple and carrot mixture.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet to medium-high with butter.
- Drop 4 even sized dollops of apple and carrot batter in little piles, gently pressing them flat with a spatula.
- Lower the heat to medium and fry until they are nicely golden brown, about 5 minutes, then flip and continue to cook until they are browned and crisp.
- Serve warm, with a dollop of cottage cheese, a spread of Nutella® and chopped pecans!