NUTELLA® is a registered trademark of Ferrero S.p.A.
The use of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread in the preparation of other products does not automatically grant a right to use the NUTELLA® trademark. However, certain limited use is authorized by Ferrero S.p.A. under the Guidelines set forth below.
These Guidelines ("Guidelines") exclusively apply to independent retailers operating in the field of sale of foodstuffs and/or foodservice (e.g. independent bakeries, restaurants, pastry-shops or cafés) (hereafter "Retailers"), in the Arabic speaking Countries and intend to refer to NUTELLA® hazelnut spread as a characterizing ingredient of one or more of their products (hereafter "Product"). These Guidelines and the right to use granted herein applies to single store independent Retailers only; any retailer of foodstuffs and/or foodservice operator that is part of a "chain" or acts as a franchisee is not considered a Retailer and therefore is not authorized to use to the NUTELLA® mark under these Guidelines. If a retailer is uncertain as to whether it is an authorized Retailer, it may contact Ferrero Foodservice directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ferrero can amend the Guidelines from time to time, and Retailers agree to be bound by the most up-to-date version of these Guidelines. Any such change will be communicated via the www.nutella.com/en/al website. Retailers further agree to comply with any other brand usage guidelines and/or quality control standards instituted by Ferrero S.p.A. from time to time.
- 1) You may only use the NUTELLA® trademark to portray to the consumer that NUTELLA® hazelnut spread is an ingredient within or on top of an authorised food product ("Product") as set out at the end of these Guidelines. You may not use the NUTELLA® trademark in out-of-store advertising.
- 2) The Product must be both made and sold only and exclusively within the Retailer's location, in a safe and healthy environment in accordance with all applicable laws, regulations and local ordinances.
- 3) The Product must be freshly made and sold no later than 24 hours from its preparation.
- 4) NUTELLA® must not be cooked, frozen or mixed with other ingredients;
- 5) Use of the NUTELLA® trademark must always be:
- a. in monochromatic capital letters (the use of the NUTELLA® logo () is not authorized under these Guidelines); and
- b. followed by the ® symbol of a registered trademark.
- 6) The NUTELLA® trademark cannot be emphasized over the name of the Product.
- 7) The use of the NUTELLA® trademark must not be in a way that can suggest an affiliation with Ferrero and must not take unfair advantage of Ferrero's goodwill. Furthermore, products with NUTELLA® must not be prevalent versus the other product offered in P.O.S.
EXAMPLES OF PERMITTED AND PROHIBITED USES
Where a Retailer offers more than one Product, in-store menu signboards can list NUTELLA® hazelnut spread in the first ingredient position just below one Product's name. For example:In-store menu signboards cannot list NUTELLA® hazelnut spread in the first ingredient position just below all Product names. For example:In-store menu boards (or portions/subsets thereof) cannot be exclusively dedicated to Products containing NUTELLA® hazelnut spread. For example, the following is not permitted:It is permitted to display jars of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread actually stored and/or used for the preparation of the Products at the point of sale, but only to the extent the jars of Nutella® hazelnut spread are not placed exclusively for ornamental purposes. The use of any point of sale materials (where provided) must be placed in a reasonable manner. For example:Use of an excessive quantity of jars of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread as forming part of a point of sale display rather than intended for actual use (see example below) is not permitted without written permission from Ferrero. Use of any Ferrero branded material other than the jars of NUTELLA® used in the preparation of the Products is not permitted without written permission from Ferrero.
- 8) The use of the NUTELLA® trademark in the Product's presentation is allowed exclusively with reference to the types of products expressly accepted by Ferrero for use in combination with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread. The list of the wordings authorized by Ferrero for such products is provided at the end of these Guidelines and Ferrero reserves the right to amend it at its sole discretion by adding and/or removing one or more items and any such changes will be communicated via the Nutella website at www.nutella.com/en/me/
- 9) Ferrero reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to withdraw authorisation to use the NUTELLA® trademark under the present Guidelines to any Retailer or categories of Retailers. Withdrawal of the authorisation will be effective immediately in the event of failure by a Retailer to comply with these Guidelines.
List of Authorised Wordings valid in the Arabic Countries: