White mousse with crumble and Nutella®
So, be wise and be smart: some Nutella on top and a few decorations for the service.
- 100g white chocolate
- 120g Nutella® (15g portion per person)
- 200g whipping cream
- 3 egg whites
- 6g gelatine leaves
- 50g butter
- 50g flour
- 50g granulated sugar
- 40g finely chopped hazelnut
- a pinch of salt
- For the crumble, preheat the oven to 165° C (325° F). Line a baking tray with parchment paper
- In a bowl, using your hands, combine the butter with the sugar then add the flour, the finely chopped hazelnuts and the salt
- Place the crumble on the baking tray, place on the middle rack of the oven and cook for 20 min. Remove it from the oven and let it cool down
- For the mousse, place the gelatine leaves in cold water for 10 min.
- In the meantime, melt the white chocolate in a bain-marie
- In a pan heat the cream over medium heat
- Squeeze the water from the gelatine leaves and add them to the cream. Stir and then pour on the melted chocolate. Let it cool down.
- In a bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff. With a spatula, gently add the egg whites to the chocolate mixture.
- Distribute the chocolate mousse in glasses and put them into the fridge to set for at least 2 hours
- Remove them from the fridge. With a pastry bag, squeeze a layer of 15g of Nutella® on the top, sprinkle the hazelnut crumble and serve