Challah French Toast Bake with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
An extra special morning.
Something very special happens when thick slices of challah bread get transformed into French toast. Something even more miraculous happens when you spread on a little NUTELLA® hazelnut spread.
- 8 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 loaf brioche/egg/challah bread sliced ½” thick
- 1 cup chopped toasted hazelnuts (optional)
- 8 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Generously butter a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt until well blended, but don’t over-beat.
- Arrange the bread slices in 2 lengthwise rows in the baking dish, slightly overlapping the slices.
- Pour the egg mixture over the challah and gently press down. Cover with plastic wrap or aluminum foil and refrigerate overnight.
You may also like these recipes