Perfectly giftable muffins with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
The gift that keeps on giving.
Here’s a gift everyone will love—carrot and apple muffins with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread. Each baked in their very own mason jar, they’re perfect to give away.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely grated carrots
- 1/2 cup finely grated peeled apple
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup finely chopped nuts
- 1/4 cup shredded, sweetened coconut
- 10 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Sift or whisk together the sugar, flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt into a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, brown sugar, yogurt, vanilla, and oil until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and sprinkle with carrots, apple, cranberries, raisins, nuts and coconut. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened to form very thick batter.
- Spoon the batter into 4 oz masons jars (remove the lid to bake). Bake for 20-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cool muffins in the jars for 10 minutes, then spread with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and serve each muffin with a glass of milk and side of fruit.
- Tip: These muffins make a great gift! Simply wait for the muffins to cool, then place the lids on the jars and decorate with a ribbon. Gift with a jar of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread.
- Note: Recipe can also be made in a greased muffin tin.
You may also like these recipes