Reindeer Favorite Carrot Squares with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Reindeers love carrot squares, who knew?
Oats and carrots combined to create a delectable square— it’s no wonder people and reindeer alike love these little morsels. But be careful, these delightful carrot squares with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread are going to go fast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ¼ cup ground flax
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup finely grated carrots
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, vanilla and sugar and stir until well-combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients, mixing until just combined then fold in the shredded carrots.
- Pour mixture into a parchment paper lined 8” x 8” baking dish and bake in the oven for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for 5 minutes then remove from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour.
- Slice into 16 squares. Spread NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on each square using the NUTELLA® stencil of your choice, or any other stencil you have on hand. Serve with a glass of milk and a side of fruit.
You may also like these recipes