Apple Muffins with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla
1 apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/2 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tbsp cold butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 12 muffin cup pan with paper liners.
- In bowl, whisk flour with baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In separate bowl, whisk brown sugar with applesauce, vegetable oil, eggs and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in apples.
- Pour mixture into lined muffin cups dividing evenly among the 12 cups.
- Prepare streusel topping in bowl by whisking brown sugar with flour. Using fingertips or pastry cutter, combine flour mixture with butter until crumbs form.
- Divide topping evenly over muffins.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden on top and tester comes out clean when inserted into center of muffin. Let cool completely.
- Fit pastry bag with plain tip and fill with Nutella® hazelnut spread. Insert tip into center bottom of each muffin. Squeeze to fill each with about 2 tsp of Nutella® hazelnut spread.
- Squeeze remaining Nutella® hazelnut spread over the top of muffins.