A cookie is a small text file carrying bits of information about the activity of a user on a website and storing them on the device used to access the website. Cookies do not harm your device and allow us to offer you a better browsing experience and quicker response on our website. Any additional information, including that allowing us to serve you ads, shall only be stored upon your prior consent to be given by indicating your option in the cookie banner displayed when accessing our website or by any of the means specified below.
Type of cookies we may use on the website
Our website may use both cookies that do not need your consent to be downloaded onto your device and cookies that can be downloaded only upon your prior consent.
- A. Strictly Necessary cookies /Technical cookies (NOT requiring your prior consent): These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information. These cookies shall have a validity period (not exceeding 2 years) beyond which they will be automatically deactivated. These cookies and information carried by them shall not be used for purposes other than those described above.
- Optional Cookies/ Profiling cookies (requiring your prior CONSENT): our website also uses optional cookies, which can only be installed upon your prior consent. Our website may also set cookies belonging to third parties, always provided that you give your prior consent to the relevant installation. Such third parties may access the information collected through their cookies. Those third parties are, for example:
Google Inc. (through its services Google Analytics and Google Doubleclick and, where applicable, through the Google Plus plug-in)
Facebook (through plug-ins)
Twitter (through plug-ins)
Optional cookies may include:
- Performance Measurement Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site, and will not be able to monitor its performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalisation. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information, but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social media cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
All such cookies shall only be installed upon your prior consent. For this reason, when you access our website a special banner is displayed which:
- gives you the possibility to express your option regarding the categories of cookies which are installed by our website on your devices (except for the necessary ones, which are automatically installed when accessing the website). After expressing your option, the cookie banner will disappear. We will track your option/consent (if any) by means of a dedicated technical cookie. As a result, the cookies banner shall not be displayed any more if you visit again our website in future. Should you decide to delete technical cookies, please bear in mind that we will lose track of your options/consent and, as a consequence, the cookies banner will be presented to you again, at your next visit of our website. At any time, you may freely decide to block the setting of profiling cookies or to withdraw any previously given consent without affecting your ability to visit the website and avail of the relevant contents. If you wish to learn more on how to do it, please carefully read the third party cookie policies that are available by following the links below.
How to enable and disable cookies
All cookies (strictly necessary cookies and optional cookies)
You may decide whether you want to allow cookies to be installed or not also by using your browser’s setting area. However, should you disable one or more cookies, certain features of this website may be impaired as a result (please bear in mind that browsing cookies are necessary for the proper operation of the basic features of the website). The browser configuration relating to this choice may be monitored and modified in your browser’s settings panel. Please select your browser among those below to receive information about how to modify the relevant cookie settings.
Third party cookies requiring visitors consent:
The installation of optional cookies (targeting and social media cookies) belonging to third parties, as well as any other activity relating to such cookies, including collection and processing of information, shall be the responsibility of such third parties. If you wish to learn more on such cookies and the third parties that may access the information collected or on how to enable or disable them, you may read the cookie policies of such third parties by clicking any of the following links:
In addition, certain advertising networks allow you to deny consent to customized communications. This will not prevent cookies from being installed, but will suspend the use and collection of certain data by the advertisers affiliated to the network. Please note that, although such networks include many of the leading advertising companies, a third party that sets cookies through the website may not belong to any such networks and, as a consequence, you may continue to receive cookies from said third party. If you wish to learn more on this matter, we invite you to visit the following address: http://www.youronlinechoices.com.