Macarons with Nutella®
Fill the sweet with Nutella, right between two halves, and you will have something classy and tasteful. Last but not least, a beautiful tray of macarons will make the perfect treat as a Christmas gift.
- 240g Nutella®
- 200g almond flour
- 260g powdered sugar
- 4 egg whites
- In a bowl, mix the almond flour with 200g of powdered sugar
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites with 60g of powdered sugar until stiff
- Add the egg whites mixture to the flour mixture and gently combine with a spatula (going from the bottom of the bowl to the top in a circular motion so that the egg whites do not collapse)
- With a pencil, draw 3cm diameter circles on parchment paper placed on a baking tray (you may find it helpful to use round cookie cutters so that to get macarons of same size). Draw 40 circles.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag
- Squeeze out the mixture to fill in each drawn circle and let sit for 30 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F)
- Bake for 14 minutes on the middle rack
- Remove from the oven and let cool down
- Spread 12g of Nutella ® on one side of a cookie and place another cookie on top. Repeat with the rest of the cookies
- The macarons must be stored in a cool place before serving (eg. in the fridge).