Christmas Crepes with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Can’t wait for Christmas crepes.
Folded into triangles and stacked together to form a Christmas tree, these gorgeous crepes with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread are a Christmas morning favorite. Tuck a couple berries under the Christmas Crepe tree and enjoy a wholesome breakfast.
- 1 1/3 cups whole milk
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Sift the pastry flour.
- Split the vanilla pod lengthwise with a knife and scrape out the seeds with the help of a teaspoon.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the eggs, the milk, the sugar, the salt and the vanilla seeds with an emulsion blender until smooth.
- Add the pastry flour and the melted butter and mix again.
- Cover the bowl with a cling film and put in the fridge for approx. 20 minutes.
- In a non-stick pan, heat a trickle of vegetable oil, pour in some of the batter to make a thin crêpe.
- Brown on both sides, set aside.
- For each new crêpe, do not forget to wipe the pan clean and drizzle on some oil so that the crêpes do not stick.
- Fill each crêpe with 15g of Nutella® and fold it in a half.
- At the end, fold the crêpe tip in order to make a little Christmas tree.
You may also like these recipes