Banana Crepes with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Makes 8 crepes (2 per serving)
1½ cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1½ tablespoons sifted cocoa powder
2 cups buttermilk
1¼ cups milk
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons red food coloring
2 tablespoons butter, melted
Cooking oil spray
½ cup of Nutella® hazelnut spread
- Mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cocoa in a bowl and set it aside.
- Wisk together the buttermilk, milk, egg, vanilla, sugar, red food coloring and melted butter in a separate bowl. Combine wet and dry ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Spray cooking oil spray in a medium frying pan.
- Pour about 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan, tilting the pan as you pour, until the batter thinly coats the bottom of the pan.
- Cook over a moderate heat for 30 seconds to one minute until golden brown on the underside.
- Flip over the crepe with a spatula, and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Slide the crepe out of the pan on to an oven-safe plate and put in oven to keep warm.
- Spray the pan with cooking oil spray and cook the remaining crepes one at a time in the same way.
- When ready to serve, spread 1 tbsp of Nutella® hazelnut spread on top of each crepe, top with sliced banana and strawberries, and fold.
- Feeling the holiday spirit? Use a green serving plate and garnish with sliced strawberries and banana.