Braided cinnamon brioche with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Brighten up this holiday season.
You know the holidays have officially begun when the aromatic scent of baking fills your house. These delicate cinnamon brioches are flakey yet tender and filled with a tablespoon of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread.
- 1 pkg instant dry yeast
- 1/3 cup whole milk, warmed to 110°F
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, divided
- 6 eggs, divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups butter, softened and divided
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups Nutella® hazelnut spread
- In a large bowl, crumble the yeast and cover with the milk. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Quickly mix to dissolve the yeast then add 2 eggs, the flour, ½ cup of sugar and the salt.
- Mix with a spoon until a dough forms.
- Transfer the dough to a work surface and knead until smooth and elastic, for about 15 minutes.
- Gradually incorporate 2 cups of butter and continue to knead for 5 minutes.
- Place the dough in a bowl, covered with a cling film and leave it to rise at room temperature for about 2 hours.
- Once doubled in size, transfer the bowl to the fridge for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, mix the remaining butter, the remaining sugar and the cinnamon together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and set aside.
- Transfer the chilled dough to a slightly floured work surface and roll into an approximately 12in x 16in rectangle.
- Spread the cinnamon butter over 2/3 of the dough surface.
- Fold the plain part of the dough over the middle part.
- Then, fold the last 1/3 over the rest, just the way you would do with a business letter.
- Cut the dough into 8 long strips and roll each strip of dough tightly around itself, so that to form a knot.
- Place each knot on a prepared tray, making sure the end of the strip is tucked on the bottom.
- Cover with a cling film and leave to rise until doubled in size, for about 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 355°F and position the baking rack in the middle of the oven.
- Beat the remaining egg in a small bowl, brush the brioche with the beaten egg and bake for 15 minutes (or until it turns golden brown).
- Remove the brioche from the oven and let it cool down completely.
- Slice each brioche in half lengthwise and spread 1 tablespoons of Nutella® in between.
You may also like these recipes