Cranberry and Nut Banana Bread with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Banana bread with a twist.
You’re on the right track if you’re making this trail mix bread. Tart, seasonal cranberries and crunchy nuts pair perfectly with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- ½ cup chopped nuts (any combination of walnuts, pecans, cashews, pistachios)
- 3 tbsp rolled oats
- 8 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Line a 8” x 4” loaf pan with parchment paper or grease with non-stick cooking spray.
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together banana, sour cream, egg and butter.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and fold the ingredients until all the flour has been incorporated and a shaggy, wet batter is formed.
- Gently stir in the cranberries and chopped nuts.
- Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and pat it into the corners.
- Sprinkle oats over the top and bake for 60 minutes. When finished, the loaf should be domed and golden, and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
- Let the loaf cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and slicing. Serve with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on each slice and a glass of milk and side of fruit.
- Tip: Wrap cooled baked loaves tightly in plastic wrap and store at room temperature up to 7 days. Baked loaves can also be wrapped in plastic and aluminum foil and frozen for up to three months.
You may also like these recipes