Mini banana breads with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Santa’s elves love these!
Mini Banana Breads are a favorite for Santa’s elves. They’re cute, bite-sized and go perfectly with a thin layer of NUTELLA ® hazelnut spread. It’s impossible not to have a big smile on your face when you pop one of these little breads into your mouth.
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
- 1 tbsp confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 6-cup (3 x 1 1/2-inch) mini-loaf tin or silicone mold.
- Beat butter with sugar until light and fluffy.
- Smash banana using a fork.
- Stir in bananas and eggs.
- In separate bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder and salt; stir into banana mixture until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into mini-loaf tin.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool slightly. Unmold and transfer to rack; let cool completely.
- Split each loaf in half lengthwise. Spread each bottom half with 1 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread; cap with tops. Dust with confectioners’ sugar; pipe about 1 tsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread down along center of each loaf.
- Tip: If the banana bread results are not flat on both sides, even up the surface by removing a thin slice with a knife.
You may also like these recipes