Bake Ahead Zucchini Bread with NUTELLA ® hazelnut spread
Eat your veggies.
The best way to eat your veggies is to bake them into a bread! Add a cup of shredded zucchini to this delicious bake-ahead bread recipe and serve it with a tablespoon of NUTELLA ® hazelnut spread.
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 10 tbsp NUTELLA ® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F.
- Grease the bottom of a standard 8” x 4” loaf pan with shortening or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat and all-purpose flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, and sugar. Whisk thoroughly then fold in the zucchini.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, about 1 hour, before slicing. Cut loaf into 10 slices and spread slice with 1 tablespoon of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread. Serve with a glass of milk and a side of fruit.
- Tip: Wrap tightly and store at room temperature up to 4 days, or refrigerate up to 10 days.
You may also like these recipes