Brioche Wreath with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
A delectable decoration!
Celebrate the holidays with a wreath made from delicious brioche bread. Finish it off with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and enjoy! It won’t be a decoration on your table for too long!
- 7 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 4 tsp dry instant yeast
- 3 eggs
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2/3 cup butter, cubed, at room temperature
- Egg wash:
- 1 egg + 2 tsp cold water
- 16 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- In a very large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and yeast and stir. Add eggs and water and mix until the dough comes together (it will appear very dry and shaggy at first). Add salt, and then add the butter a few cubes at a time, mixing until it is completely incorporated into the dough. Continue kneading for about 10 minutes, until the dough is completely smooth, elastic and shiny. Place the dough in a large greased bowl, turning to coat, then cover with plastic wrap and allow to rest for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Divide the dough into two equal pieces. Working with one piece at a time, roll each piece of dough on a lightly floured surface into a large rectangle, about 9” x 15”. Brush a little bit of water along the long edge of the rectangle farthest away from you.
- Use both hands to tightly roll up the rectangle, starting from the long side that is closest to you. Press to seal the dampened end, then use both hands to even out the roll. Rest on its seam.
- Using a serrated knife, gently cut the roll in half lengthwise, starting at the top making two separate strands. With the cut sides facing up, gently alternate crossing the pieces over each other to create a braid.
- Repeat making a braid with the second piece of dough.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Gently transfer the two brioche braids to the pan and shape them into a circle, braiding together the ends for a continuous effect. Cover with a wet tea towel and allow to rise in a warm place for 1 hour (the brioche will not double in size, but will rise by about 20%).
- Pre-heat oven to 375° F. Brush the braids with the egg and water mixture, then place in the preheated oven. Bake the brioche until a skewer inserted into the center of the dough comes out clean and all of the exposed swirls are firm to the touch, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Spread a serving of NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on finished bread. Serve with a glass of milk and a side of fruit
You may also like these recipes