Good Morning Sticky Buns with Apricot and NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
A yummy way to say, “good morning!”
You just know it’s going to be a good day when the first thing you eat is a warm sticky bun straight out of the oven. Dried apricots and tender dough pair perfectly with a little NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, all displayed in a Christmas tree shape.
- For the dough:
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- For the filling:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup finely chopped almonds
- ½ cup finely chopped dried apricots
- 14 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- In a large mixing bowl, combine eggs, milk, sugar and butter. Mix until well combined. Add flour, yeast and salt and mix everything together to form a dough. If the dough is too dry, add a little more warm water; if it’s too wet, add a little more flour.
- Knead the dough in the bowl or on a lightly floured surface until it becomes smooth and springy. Transfer to a clean, lightly oiled bowl and loosely cover with a clean, damp tea towel. Allow the dough to rise in a warm place until it roughly doubles in size – this will take about 1 hour depending on how warm the room is.
- Place the dough on the floured surface and roll it out into a large rectangle about 1” in thickness.
- Spread the dough with the softened butter and sprinkle brown sugar evenly all over its surface.
- Repeat with the almonds and finely chopped apricots.
- Starting from the longest end, tightly roll the dough into itself until you end up with a long roll. Cut the roll into 14 slices.
- Arrange the slices on a parchment-lined baking sheet in the shape of a Christmas tree. Cover with a damp tea towel and allow the buns to rise for a further 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Bake for 20 minutes. Spread NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on the tree as garland, serve immediately with a glass of milk and a side of fruit.
- Tip: The sticky buns are best served the day they are baked.
You may also like these recipes