Holiday Peek-a-Boo French Toast with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
French toast with a surprise.
There’s a fantastic little surprise between two pieces of French toast—it’s NUTELLA® hazelnut spread! Holiday Peek-a-boo French Toast is something the whole family will love.
- 8 slices of bread
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla and pour into a shallow container.
- Place 4 slices of bread on a cutting board. Using a holiday shaped cookie cutter, cut a shape out of the center of each slice of bread. Leave the other 4 slices whole.
- Dip all bread pieces in the egg mixture.
- In a non-stick skillet, cook each piece until golden brown, then flip to cook the other side.
- Spread NUTELLA® hazelnut spread on the 4 whole slices of bread. Top each with a cut-out slice to reveal the NUTELLA® hazelnut spread beneath.
- Serve warm with a glass of milk and side of fruit.
- Tip: The cut out pieces of bread don't have to go to waste - they can also be turned into small pieces of French toast.
You may also like these recipes