Star Shaped English Muffin with NUTELLA® hazelnut spread
Reach for the stars.
English muffins are good, but star-shaped English muffins are so much better. They’re the perfect base for NUTELLA® hazelnut spread and great for a cozy holiday morning.
- 1½ cups milk
- 2 tsp yeast
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Semolina (or cornmeal), for dusting baking sheet
- 9 tbsp NUTELLA® hazelnut spread, 1 tbsp per serving
- Gently warm milk in a pan until lukewarm or body temperature, 98°F.
- Add yeast and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Set aside for a few minutes until the mixture is creamy and starting to froth.
- In a large bowl, mix the yeast mixture, flour, butter and a pinch of salt into a soft dough. Add a dash of extra milk or flour, if needed to ensure consistency of dough is soft. Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes).
- Transfer to a greased bowl, cover and set aside in a warm place to rise for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, gently knead the dough together. Knock back the dough and roll out on a lightly floured surface to about 1” thick. Cover with a towel for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Using a star-shaped cookie cutter (or any simple holiday shape) cut out shapes out of the dough. Transfer shapes to a parchment lined baking sheet dusted with semolina (cornmeal), let rest for 15 minutes. Sprinkle more cornmeal over the tops to ensure even coating on each English muffin.
- Pre-heat oven to 325ºF
You may also like these recipes