Gluten-free flax pancakes with NUTELLA®
1. Whisk together flour, ground flax seeds, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In separate bowl, whisk together egg, milk* and butter*; stir into flour mixture until just moistened (batter may still be slightly lumpy). Let stand for 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
*for dairy-free, use unsweetened almond milk and omit butter
2. Preheat large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat; brush skillet with some of the oil. In batches, pour 1/4 cup (60 mL) batter per pancake into skillet, leaving space in between pancakes.
3. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbles form on surface; flip over and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bottom is golden. Wipe skillet between batches, brushing with more oil as needed.
4. Spread Nutella evenly over each pancake. Sprinkle with strawberries, raspberries and blueberries.
5. Enjoy with a glass of pure fruit juice.
Tip: Top pancakes with a dollop of whipped cream* if desired.
*or dairy-free whip
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes